Real Ultimate Engineers

We are best described as a work in progress. Take a read and give a comment and we'll try and improve.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Blind Man

So I was on the way home today, and I passed by the National Center for the Blind, or something like that. It was a really cool looking building, with large windows and I'm sure it gets plenty of natural light. So I ask you, what's the point? They don't need natural light, they don't need windows. What are they going to look at? I'd think they'd need wall space.

Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes about a priest and a rabbi golfing. And the players in front of them were moving incredibly slowly. After a few holes, they asked the course marshal what was going on with the slow players. The marshal told them that it was a group of blind players. By listening to a sound, they could like up their shots, and apparently they were playing pretty well. The priest was very inspired by the golfers. He asked the marshal to arrange a meeting with them after the round, and felt that these golfers could be an inspiration to his church, showing that you shouldn't let anything stand in your way. The rabbi, however, was confused. "Wait, these are blind players, he asked." After the marshal confirmed it, the rabbi asked "And they can't play at night?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home