Real Ultimate Engineers

We are best described as a work in progress. Take a read and give a comment and we'll try and improve.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"An Ode to Sunrise" by My Tree

“Oh beautiful sun, ascending on the horizon,
Your glimmering rays drying dew on my limbs,
Shine forth..”

[chirp]

“Ahem, shine forth your golden..”

[chirp chirp]

“YOU. DOWN THERE. SHUT YOUR LITTLE BEAK!”

[groans, branch moves a fraction of an inch, bird unmoved]

[chirp]

“Hrrrrrumph!”

[acorn drops near bird, it flutters off]

“Right. Now...where were we--
Your glimmering rays drying dew on my limbs,
Shine forth your golden light upon my leaves
And embrace..

[garage door opens]

“For the love of dirt, KEEP IT DOWN!”

[Max Boom walks out with pruning shears]

“What’s this? Wait. No. NOOOOO! EEEEEOOOOOWWWWW! Not that one too. AAAAARRRGHHH!”

[passes out]

[bark lids flutter some hours later]

“My beautiful limbs...so short now…neutered. Butcher is…tying me... up?

[passes out again, more hours pass]

“Oh sun, you leave for the day. Our dance was too short. Tomorrow our affair resumes anew. For now, darkness falls and I must rest. Adieu..”

[garage door opens]

“Stay away! You heathen! You psychopath! Stay away!”

[Max walks to side of house. Tree notices orange tether running from trunk to outlet.]

“What the deuce?”

[Max plugs in cord, Christmas lights illuminate]

Idiot. You pea-brained cretin! It's May! Oh F-me…”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home