Real Ultimate Engineers

We are best described as a work in progress. Take a read and give a comment and we'll try and improve.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Laid Off - Day 28

Had what I believe will be the last of the interviews (a 2nd interview in this case) yesterday. It was a multi-person interview where I was across the table from 3 people, all at different levels in the organization (PM, VP, Pres) and all with a much different outlook of what they were looking for in a person and what characteristics they thought were important. First, based on the fact that I got my schedule messed up and showed up 1/2 hour late, I wouldn't be making me an offer. If I allow myself to get beyond that fact, I'm just don't think the position they're looking to fill in that organization is right for me. So, on Day 28, I believe I will be making the final deal with the other opportunity I discussed at Day 26 and if all things go well, come Monday, I'll be back to work.

I read one of many "Laid Off - How to Deal with it Articles" yesterday and the one premise that this author threw out is that for every $20,000 of salary you make, it will take another month to find a job. Obviously not the case for me. Now, one could argue that I knew the layoff was coming for sometime before it actually happened so I had things already lined up as far as some first interviews and such, but I still think that only saved me 15-20 days, not the months and months this author would leave you to believe. Just don't always buy into what you read. I don't know what that guy's agenda is, my guess is that he is also the owner of the job bulletin board, so the longer you're out of work, the more hits he gets on his website.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home